The Centre for Innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is a World Bank supported Africa centre of excellence for higher education and research at the College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Centre aims to improve access to health care through novel medical discoveries (medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, care delivery mechanisms) supported by clinical trials.
Application deadline for the program is 15 May, 2019.
As one of the main strategies to achieve this goal, the Center is providing Master’s program in Clinical Trials, the first of its kind the Region. The program’s overall aim is to prepare competent individuals who would work in research institutions, academia, pharmaceutical industries, regulatory agencies, contract research organizations, and other study centres, with the primary objective of assisting with the designing, execution and reporting of clinical trials pertaining to drugs, diagnostics, vaccines, behavioural interventions and medical devices commensurate with good clinical practice, legal, ethical, and regulatory
- A candidate must have a Bachelor Degree in healthcare or life sciences, such as pharmacy, public health, nursing, biology, doctorate degree in medicine or equivalent, doctor of dental medicine, and doctor of veterinary medicine. Those with Bachelor of Statistics are also eligible.
- Others with additional qualifications with or without Bachelor Degree in the life sciences may be eligible if relevant further qualifications are obtained. Examples of such qualifications are Master of public health, MSc in pharmacy, MSc in pharmacology, MSc in statistics, and doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD).
- As this is a needs based program, it is desirable for applicants to have one or two years of service after last graduation with relevant program to have the exposure to real-life challenges prior to joining the program.
- Applicants may need to submit a sponsorship letter from their institution once they are selected, unless they are private applicants.
- Applicants need to meet also the general requirements laid down by the School of Graduate Studies, Addis Ababa University (www.aau.edu.et)
- English is the medium of education and candidates should demonstrate sufficient knowledge of English.
- The Center will pay for any required registration fee.
- The Center will have a modest funding to support research projects of all students.
- Any student coming from countries outside Ethiopia will have a dormitory within
Addis Ababa University and a monthly living allowance of net 10, 000 Ethiopian birr
for male and 13,000 for female students.
- Other national students are required to have sponsorship from their institutions
- Application document (CV, copy of official transcript, copies of degrees, motivation
letter) must be submitted in electronic copy via email to Dr Tsegahun Manyazewal
(email: email@example.com) copying Ms Samrawit Ketema (email:
- The deadline for applications is 15th May 2019.
- Interview may be conducted as appropriate.
- Selected candidates will be communicated by 15th June 2019.
- Class will start by late September 2019.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply