Department of Education and Skills, the Higher Education Authority is excited to offer up to 60 Government of Ireland (GOI) International Education Scholarships to pursue Bachelors, Master or PhD levels programme.
Funding is only available to high caliber students from non-EU/EEA countries who wish to study full-time in Ireland for a period of one year. Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the university.
Application deadline for the program is 29 March, 2019.
As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents:
- Academic qualifications, achievements and/or work experience (40 marks)
- Personal Statement (refer to the Candidate profile).
- Two references
Applicants must apply for admission to the relevant undergraduate, master or Ph.D. Program presented by a qualified Higher Education Institute (See Appendix 1) according to the entrance procedures of that HEI.
- The scholarship will provide all the following:
- For the academic year 2019/2020, the total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland. The amount will be paid in two payments of €5,000 that will be transferred to the host higher education institution (HEI) of the successful student.
- How it Works- The scholarship will cover student’s costs and living expenses.
- The scholarship may be for:
- The final year of an undergraduate programme;
- One year of a taught master’s degree programme or;
- One year of a research programme (i.e. one year of a 2-year
- Research masters or a 3-4-year PhD programme).