The Jacobs Foundation awards research fellowships for scholars whose research focuses on the development of children and adolescents. International applicants are eligible to apply for this research fellowship programme.
The Research Fellowship Program is a globally competitive fellowship program for early and mid-career researchers from all scholarly disciplines.
This three-year grant allows Fellows to concentrate on their research projects related to children and youth. Scholars who engage in interdisciplinary work on individual development and learning of children and youth, and who seek to combine genetic, epigenetic, neurobiological, behavioral and social levels of analysis, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline for the program is 17 March, 2019.
There are two Fellowship Categories:
- Jacob early career Research Fellowship: -150,000 CHF, funds may be used to cover own salary up to 50%.
- Jacob Advanced Research Fellowship: -400,000 CHF, funds may be used to cover own salary up to 25%.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this Scholarship:-
- Jacobs Early Career Research Fellowship is available for highly talented young scholars working on child and youth development. The ideal candidate has obtained his/her Ph.D. no more than 7 years ago.
- Jacobs Advanced Research Fellowship is awarded to the most innovative mid-career researchers working on child and youth development. The ideal candidate has obtained his/her Ph.D. no more than 15 years ago.
The following two documents must be submitted online in one PDF document until 17 March 2019, 23.59 CET for an eligible candidate to be considered for a Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship:
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae including a list of the candidate’s scientific publications;
- A statement by the candidate describing his or her significant scientific work and immediate research plans, and how these relate to the mission of the Jacobs Foundation (2 pages, 10pt, incl. references).
A confidential recommendation letter from a department head or other senior researcher supporting the candidate and describing his or her qualifications, initiative, and research, should be sent directly to email@example.com.
After review of preliminary applications, a selected number of candidates will be asked to submit a detailed full application by 30 June 2019. Candidates will be interviewed via Skype in September 2019, and selected candidates will be notified in December 2019.
How to Apply
To participate in this scholarship, applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://jacobsfoundation.org/en/fellowship-program-2020-2022/