International applicants are invited to apply for the Sciences Po and Freie Universität Berlin for an undergraduate student to pursue Dual BA program. The Stephen M. Kellen scholarship covers two years of tuition fees at Sciences Po and the living allowance of $6.000/year.
Sciences Po or Paris Institute of Political Studies is a university located in Paris, France. It has the reputation in France of being an elite institution and was ranked 4th globally in Politics and International Studies by the QS World University Subjects Rankings.
The application deadline for the scholarship is 23 June, 2019.
The Stephen M. Kellen Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship designed to attract the brightest and most deserving students to the Dual BA program between Sciences Po and Freie Universität Berlin.
It encourages promising young individuals to commit to Europe by giving them the keys to law, economics, history, political science, and sociology; the opportunity to speak at least three languages; and the ability to navigate in both German and French cultures.
One Stephen M. Kellen Scholarship will be awarded each year starting in 2017. The Stephen M. Kellen scholarship covers two years of tuition fees at Sciences Po, in addition to a living allowance of $6.000/year for the two years spent on Sciences Po’s French-German European Campus in Nancy, and a living allowance of $7.000/year for the two years spent at the Otto-Suhr-Institut of Freie Universität.
The candidate must be admitted at Sciences Po’s dual BA with Freie Universität Berlin.
The Scholarship is awarded to a student who exemplifies the values promoted by Stephen M. Kellen:
- Excellence – as reflected in academic achievement
- Vision – as demonstrated through a written submission on a selected topic
- Generosity – as shown in a commitment to service to others
Applicants must send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, before June 23, 2019.
- Completed application form
- Personal statement. Personal statement. Considering Kellen’s commitment to Berlin, please describe your motivation to study in the city of Berlin (1,000 words) in English
- Essay on “Populism and Democracy in Europe”. Please develop a guiding question that problematizes the issue and focuses your essay (2,000 words) in English
The Selection Committee is composed of one representative of the Anna Maria and Stephen Kellen Foundation, one representative of the Sciences Po American Foundation and one representative of Sciences Po.